https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5157767173347640862#templatehtml

The Offline Weekend Challenge


What is The Offline Weekend Challenge?

For one weekend per month, challenge yourself to go screen free. Get OFFLINE and connect with your kids without constant distractions.  

I'm doing it.  You can too.

Sign up to join me for the challenge, and once a month, I'll send challenge inspiration and family activity ideas to your inbox. 

Why I'm Getting Offline

I've spent a lot of time over the past few years working on slowing down, simplifying, and getting organized as a mom.  

All of these small steps have helped me move toward a better mindset to spend the little moments with my kids. 

It's working, but I am also a classic overachiever.  There have been a lot of changes in the past few years - being pregnant with my second child, taking a break from my career job to be home with him, returning to my career job and then juggling a job that I love, a family that I love and a small business that I love.  

I started saying "no" to things that didn't fit in with my goals for family time and personal time.  I use the perspective you always have time for the things you put first to guide the decisions that I'm making about my time. 

But. 

There are a lot of days when there still just never feels like ENOUGH time. 

I feel like my mind is constantly agitated by all of the digital information coming at me.  
Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of that information, and it's important to my work, but I also need a BREAK. 

These are the precious years, right?  The ones everyone tells you to hold on to.  They will slip away so fast, they say. 

and a lot of days I don't feel like I'm really truly PRESENT with my kids.  Even with all of that simplifying that I've already done.  I want to be.  I want to be, so badly.  

So, something has to change.

I need it.  I think you need it too. 

OFFLINE WEEKENDS. 



Don't Think You Can Do It?

I'm not saying it's going to be easy.  About a year ago, after reading watching Christina Crook's Ted Talk "Letting Go of Technology", I started an offline weekend experiment.  

It was hard. My husband would literally take my phone and tablet and hide them somewhere.  They would disappear on Friday and reappear on Monday. It worked for a while, but slowly, slowly I find myself slipping back into old patterns.

Hard, but so worth it. 
Calmer.
More Peaceful.
Happier.
Connected. 

So, I've created this challenge to keep myself (and all of us) on track.  Every month I'll send an e-mail with some inspiration to plan and prepare for your #offlineweekend.

What Is An #OfflineWeekend?

An #offlineweekend is basically a weekend without screens

  • No TV (exceptions can be made for a special family movie night)
  • No computer
  • No tablets 
  • No video games
  • No mobile phones*
*unless your phone is a requirement for being on-call at work, or you expect some kind of family emergency and do not own a landline. Most of the time, a mobile phone is NOT a necessity. If a phone IS absolutely required, tuck it away and check it periodically.  Turn off app notifications and sounds. Be present.   

An #OfflineWeekend is a chance to spend more time face-to-face.  To connect with your kids. To enjoy family activities.  To get outdoors. To learn together.  

I think we can all use a little more of this in our worlds. 

Join Me Here




Take The Offline Weekend Challenge
Are you up to the challenge?
For one weekend per month, go screen-free and make more time to connect with your kids. Once a month, receive e-mail reminders with inspiration, motivation tips + easy activity ideas for ways to spend quality time with your kids.